Social Icons

Thứ Tư, 23 tháng 9, 2015

Scholar Athlete of the Week: Gabrielle Crowley

When you are named after a professional athlete you are almost forced to become a great athlete.
Luckily for Arnold High School Senior, Gabrielle Crowley, she did just that.
"I'm actually named after Gabrielle Reece who's a professional volleyball player so my dad really wanted me to start playing and I love it," said Crowley.
Last season Crowley helped lead her team to a district championships and to regional semi-finals.
Head coach Sheryl Heninger says Crowley isn't the loudest one on the court but she is a leader.
"I mean she's a quite quarterback. She's a quarterback but she's quite," said Heninger.
Crowley says she trys to be a leader in the classroom as well.
"I feel like I should be a leader both on the court and off the court so I do what i'm supposed to do and I try to follow really good morals and try to help everyone else on the court do the same," said Crowley.
Her head coach says Crowley's self motivation helps her succeed.
"She's very self disciplined, does her work, wants to succeed. You know and I think that's part of the battle. She wants to be good," said Heninger.
"I mean if you don't do well in the classroom you can't play on the court so that definitely drives me," said Crowley.
Not only does Crowley motive herself but she also helps motivate others on the team.
"Well Lilly she's a sophomore I've been kind of mentoring her since the summer because I really wanted her on varsity because I just really believe in her. And I just give her pep talks because I know she can do it she just needs to believe in herself so I try to help her out with that," said Crowley.
Coach said Crowley's kindness spreads beyond the court.
"Everyone likes her. Everyone likes Gabby. Not just on the team but in the school. She's just a likeable person. Very trustworthy and again instills that confidence in her that she's not going to let you down," said Heninger.

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

 
 
Blogger Templates